Monday, July 18, 2011

How Much I Eat & Running Up Hills.

Who knew?

This weekend I made a point to track everything I put in my mouth. Seeing as we had company this weekend and went to the movies on Sunday, that was no easy task.

Between Friday and today, I managed to earn 19 activity points.
Between Friday and today, I managed to eat 15 of them.

Yup, I was pretty busy chewing and jumping around wasn't I?

Oh well, it was well worth the hard work. I had an awesome time surrounded by awesome friends and awesome food. (Food, that I made, thank you very much.)

In other news, I managed to run Friday morning and this morning.
I've started to include more hill work into my workouts. Hills are the ban on my exsistance. Seeing as I live in Sunny Central Pennsylvania, it's pretty hard to find a flat piece of land to workout on. Thus, I learned to embrace the little hills in my developement and ignore the larger ones. Until Friday. Friday I decided enough was enough and thus, I started working on hills.

Friday I struggled by managed to get up the 2nd largest hill in my developement. By the grace of God, my ipod said "walk" just as I reached the top. Whew, I had never been so thankful to walk in my entire life.

Today, my ipod did not tell me to walk when I reached the top of the hill, but I did anyway. For the 45 seconds to took me to walk the cut street that connected the two roads I was running on.
I didn't give myself a hard time for walking, if anything, I congratulated myself for getting as far as I did.
By the time I got to the next road, I was running again.
Sometimes in life, you just have to slow down long enough to catch up.

In other things that make me happy. Even though I did go over my points this weekend and dipped into my activity points. I had a great weekend of clean eating. Movie Twizzlers and a few M&Ms aside. I stayed away from the proccessed foods and eat clean, fresh, home made yumminess.

(and wine, lots of wine).

All and all. I cannot complain. It was a great weekend. I did well and I'm ready to face the next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment