Friday, July 29, 2011

Afterall That I Ended Up Running Anyway

Ya'll I ran in the rain yesterday.

We all know I was in a BAD mood Thursday morning. By Thursday afternoon my funk had lifted and I was ready to be back to my usual self and ready to burn off some energy.

I brain stormed possible workout scenarios for the evening as I packed up my desk. While putting some items on my to do list, I looked up and through my office window and noticed how cloudy is was outside. I quickly picked up my Diet Pepsi and walked to the warehouse.

If you're going to survey the weather at Family Owned Inc. it is best done in the warehouse. With three giant overhead doors open from sun up to sun down, it's like having a room without a wall.  Our warehouse manager saw me coming, and smiled. We both agreed, it's running weather.

As I drove home, I mentally mapped my route and prepped for myself for a run. As rain drops began to tap on my window, I got even more excited. I've been waiting for a good rain run.

And run I did. I got about half way through my C25K workout when my Ipod stopped working due to rain contact. At that point, I was soaked and it was pouring so hard I couldn't see very well. For fear of being hit by a car or ruining my new IPod, I turned for home. All in all, I finished just over 20 minutes of my 35 minute workout.

Once I got home I knew I knew I needed to keep moving. Thus I ended up stripping off my wet T-Shirt and and finished up my workout in the basement with some ab work and some additional cardio weight training.

I spent the rest of the evening smiling. I did my ran in the rain. Granted, I didn't finished my run, but none the less, I ran in the rain.

Today marks a full month of being at home. No weekend get aways, no more wedding and very little time for temptation.

I am thrilled to focus my efforts on being on point and continuing to workout and push myself harder.
Today is scheduled day of rest. Starting tomorrow, I hope to workout three day on and one day off.

With the exception of a few days of both early and late meetings, it should all work out.

 So for today, here's my plan:

Breakfast: Green Monster
AM Snack: Piece of Cheese and Carrots
Lunch: Subway Turkey Sub as I pick up the dry cleaning and fix that stupid tail light.
PM Snack: Greek Yogurt
Dinner: Skinny Taste Asian Turkey Meatballs with Brown Rice and Veggies. Side Salas with Newman's Asian Dressing and probably two glasses of wine.
I won't be working out today.
However, I will be grocery shopping and prepping all of our fresh vegetables and fruits for the week.


And there you have it.
Time to get started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment