Friday, July 15, 2011

A Friday Morning Run

So, you know how I had that brilliant idea to run last night?

Didn't happen. It was too freaking hot outside and I'm a wuss.

So I worked out in the comfort of my air conditioned basement and had a lovely time.
Well, as lovely of a time as one can have when their sweating their butt off, huff and puffing and attempting to blow that TV stand down.

Anyway....

I DID get up and run this morning and I was HAPPY about it.

Last night I redid my workout play list, laid out my running clothes and spent some time thinking about what route I wanted to take around the neighborhood. My mental block was still there, but I knew I could over come it.

When my feet hit the pavement at 5:30am, I was happy, alert and ready to take on the run.
It felt as natural as breathing or clicking the TV remote. My body felt strong, my feet felt light and mind was clear. It was just me, the pavement and the music in my ears. It was a wonderful 35 minutes.

Sure, I felt the burn. My body was a little more sluggish then usual. I could still feel the effects of my earlier stomach virus, my endurance just wasn't there. But I made it and heck, I even ran up a few hills.

I'm back in action and it feels great.

And another thing:

Thanks to my stomach virus, I'm down 2.8 pounds this week.
My goal for next week is to keep it off.

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment