This afternoon I was reading one of my favorite WW related blogs. If you've never been, I highly suggest stopping by visiting MsBitchCakes.blogspot.com. She is freaking amazing.
"They" often say to surround yourself with positive people and you too shall become positive. Well, I surround myself with BitchCakes and I am forever thankful for her insight and her realness.
She is awesome.
Anyway.... BitchCakes wrote something that really caught my attention:
For every pound that's lost, so is an ounce of motivation.
(I'll let that sink in for a minute)
I remember back in October when I started WW. I was so motivated for success. Every food item tracked, every activity point earned, every step in the right direction made me literally giddy. Thursday morning's anticipation reviled Christmas. It was amazing.
Fast forward to the end of January. I am down 8 pounds. I have a better and more consistent workout schedule, I'm eating healthier, I'm more conscious of what I am doing and how it impacts my body. However, I also cheat a lot. I forgot to track snacks and "poor choices". I neglect to remember what I ate, I cut out workouts when I don't feel like doing them.
In short, I'm losing motivation and it's having a negative impact on my weight loss journey and my overall health.
What does a girl need to do to get back into shape? Well, first she needs some tough love. Second, she needs to get her ass in gear.
I have said it before and I'm saying it again. I want to hit my goal weight in February! I don't care if I hit it February 3 or February 28th. As long as I get there. I'm happy.
How am I going to get there?
Plan, Plan, Plan.
What made me so successful in the beginning was my ability to plan. I planned my meal, planned my workouts, planned my snacks, my water consumption. I was a planning fool.
Track, Track, Track.
When I first started back at WW, I tracked everything. If I ate it, I wrote it down. If I moved it, I wrote it down. If I drank it, I wrote it down. I lived for my points tracker, I need to get back into that habit.
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise.
Honestly, I haven't fallen off the band wagon here. If anything, I've done a pretty decent job here.
With the exception of injury and illness, I haven't stopped and I won't. I love my workouts and I'm glad I'm in the habit to do it.
Obsess, Obsess, Obsess
About all of the above.
So, hear I go. Wish me luck.
I will report back tomorrow with how it's been and where I'm going.
No comments:
Post a Comment