Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Light Bulb Moment

Every day I wake up and shuffle into the bathroom to start my morning. I do the usual things: use the potty, wash my face, brush my teeth, check for pimples, pop offending pimples, put drops in my eyes, attend to the inevitable nose bleed that starts 5.2 seconds after blowing my nose, floss, take my BC pill.....

And that's where I had my light bulb moment.

I'm on the last month of my Seasoneque pack. The next pack I buy, will be my last pack....

H.O.LY.S.H.I.T.!.


Yeah, that's right, Mr. Berg and I are going to attempt to have a baby.

Who let me grow up? Seriously, who said that was okay?

I get it. I'm an adult. I go to work, I pay my bills, I grocery shop, I cook, I clean, I do laundry.
I write policy manuals and mentor high school students.
I'm a card carrying member of the "grown ups" club.
I totally get that.

But know I'd like to have a baby.

That totally puts adulthood on a whole new level. It's a whole different playing field.

I'm used to being a dependable. I have a husband who is sort of like having a glorified toddler. He's rather sufficient. However, I'm still responsible for feeding him, cleaning up afternoon and making sure his clothes match.
I have cats. But honestly, how hard are cats? Clean the box, put out the food and be available for snuggles and vomit clean up. Again..... glorified toddlers who poop in a box.


When it comes to parenthood. I have my fears, my doubts and my oh.my.god what the heck am I getting myself into moments. But I'd like to think that is all normal.

I have no idea why, but it really hit me today. The potential for parenthood is right around the corner.
Excuse me while I hyperventilate into this brown paper bag.

PS- Weigh in is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment