Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Blog Where I Whine.... A LOT

Let's just get this over with- I'm up 2 pounds.
I haven't weighed in since the Thursday before Christmas. I'm officially up to 140.2.
This makes me so sad. I didn't want to see the 140's again. I worked so hard to get out of them.
However, if I look on the bright side. I went through Christmas and New Year's without gaining 10 pounds like I did last year. I kept it to 2 pounds. That's 8 pounds of extra weight I did not bring with me.
But regardless of what I didn't gain, I did pick up 2 extra pounds. It is a set back and it is a disappointment.
Combine that 2 pound gain with a stressful work week, (I've been dodging poisonous darts all week) a bad night's sleep, and the weight of another two busy stressful days of work to go and I feel like it's the end of the world.
I've decided I'm going to work it all out in this post today. I'm going to acknowledge that today is off to a sucky start and plan out my goals for the rest of the day. I can only control today. 
What's Good About Today:
  •  It's Thursday
  • At least I know, I'm not in the dark about my weight. I know where I'm at and what I have to do to fix it
  • Work Out Wise- Today is a day of rest
  • I had a good breakfast. I've already consumed four glasses of water, two milk products and two fruits.
  • I packed a very healthy apple and string cheese for my morning snack.
  • I'm wearing my favorite brown sweater
  • My to do list is full of fun stuff to do
  • Grey's is new tonight (thank goodness)
What Sucks About Today:
  • I had to drag myself out of bed
  • I stood on the scale and wanted to cry
  • If I had to guess, I would say I got 4 hours of sleep last night, at the most
  • Bob threw up twice before I left for work
  • Early morning meeting suck when you're tired and scattered
  • I hate appearing tired and scattered
  • There is work function tomorrow that I have to go to and I don't want to go, AT ALL

So, there you have it. There is good and bad about today.

There is good and bad about EVERY DAY.

I pray that today I can push myself to stay positive. That I continue to look on the bright side. Sure, this morning sucked, but maybe this afternoon things will get better. I won't know until I try.

And if you could spare a moment to sending a little positive vibe to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment