Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

Today is Thursday. Thursday is weigh in day.

dun-dun-duunnnnnnn!

I was not happy about stepping on the scale this morning. I didn't weigh in last week, I didn't work towards many of my goals last week, I didn't work out last week at all.

However, I was purposeful in monitoring what I ate and I tried to keep a lid on it. Despite my copious wine and beer drinking. (Girl's gotta do something to keep her occupied, am I right?)
Having taken the week off of working out, I got back into gear on Sunday. I took it easy with my favorite Pilate's DVD. Monday and Wednesday- hardcore cardio, Tuesday and this evening, Pilate's.

I stepped cautiously on the scale this morning. Having already inspected my naked self, I assumed I'd have held steady from two weeks ago, although I wouldn't have been surprised to see a small gain.

Well butter my biscuits people, I lost .8.
Yup, that's almost a whole pound. Which over two weeks is rather ehhh, however, I was still impressed.

I have two more pounds to go to complete my goal. You better believe I'll be pushing hardcore to get there.
I still have a ways to go. After I meet this goal, I have 7 more to go. Can I do it? Yes, yes I can.

Will it be hard, yes, yes it will.

However, I keep reminding myself of the following:
- It's hard to lose weight
- I don't have a lot to lose, thus is takes longer to get it off
- No pain, no gain
- I'm not out for fade diet results. I'd rather go slowly and keep it off

Speaking of goals. Early September will be here before I know it,  time for a whole new set of goals.

While I'm not sure what my new goals will be officially, I do know I will stick to the eight week premises.
Eight weeks is long enough to accomplish something and short enough to not be daunting.

So far in this eight week adventure:
  • I have read 3.5 of my 6 book goal
  • I have meet my goal of working out 3-4 times a week every week except last week
  • I have lost a total of 3.7 pound.
Wow, that's slow progress. But progress none the less. And that people, it was I'm striving for, progress.....

No comments:

Post a Comment