Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Bloated

Well, I did it. I stepped on the scale this morning. And as anticipated, it was up. Not by a huge amount. But up.

Surprisingly. I stood there, looked at the 1.3 pound gain, shrugged my shoulders and went about my typical morning routine.

There were no tears, no grumbles, not even a smidge of disapointment. I knew I would be up. I was and that's that.

This could have something to do with how my evening went.
Last night my scheduled workout was yoga. I didn't even try to attempt it. By the time I made it home last night my "." had gotten the best of me. I was dizzy, bloated, famished, and battling a huge headache.

So, I did what any normal hormonal woman would do. I sat on the sofa and watched Top Chef reruns while munching on salsa and chips and part of a brownie. (Nope, didn't eat the whole thng. Go me)

Later I came to my senses, made stir fry for dinner and retired to the bedroom while Mr. Berg read for one of his 50million insurance classes.

Since I was in our room. I figured it was time to start clearing out the summer clothes in my closet that I hadn't worn all season.  Not to mention, my closet was a MESS. Seriously, for the past two weeks I had been opening the door, grabbing what I needed and shutting it again before any landslides started. Yeah, that bad.

While piling, sorting and refolding I noticed my pile of "these don't fit/ these are from college jeans". Hmm.... I wondered. Do I want to try?

See where this is going?

I should probably mention. I really, really, really love demin. If I could wear it every day. I would do exactly that. There is nothing more exciting to me then buying a new pair of jeans. 7's, Citizens of Humanity, Chip and Pepper, James.... I love them all and I have them all.

Throwing caution of the wind, I started. Pair by pair, I slid them on and prayed.
Amazingly, all but one pair buttoned and zipped. They were tight, yes. But they were on. And that's more then I can say for a couple of months ago when I tried the exact same experiment.


So, yeah. There was a gain on this almost fall like Thursday morning. But I'm not concerned. I'm back on the band wagon tonight, boot camp work out here I come.
I'm noticing my waist is slimer. My back muscles toner, my arm less flabby and my core tighter.


I feel good. I'm less sluggish. I sleep better at night. I feel better about my body, my apperance. All of these things are wonderful and should be embraced just as much, if not more then a lower number on the scale.

So yeah, I'm bloated. But I'm happy and that is about as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment