Monday, August 30, 2010

Atleast I Was Awake

To make a long story short, I banged up my truck this weekend.
I thought I was turning around and easing myself onto the shoulder of the road. In reality, I eased myself  into a drainage ditch and concrete curb. The resutls: one screwed up rim, one smashed up tire (that fortunately didn't go flat) and a scratched up bumper. I haven't recieved word on a damage estimate, but I'm sure it won't be pretty.

Oh, and I knocked myself out of alignement too. Nice. (There was talk of a bent tie rod. I have no idea what that means but knowing me, it probably happened)

Mr. Berg is not pleased. Not one bit. This could have something to do with the fact that I may or may not be broke and we recently switched insurance companies so a claim probably wouldn't be a good idea.

On top of this, I have to drive his truck this week while my truck is in for repairs.

Since I have been driving for 12 years now, I had to get a lesson on how to drive Mr. Berg's truck. He's really lucky I only just rolled my eyes. I could have said a few things too, but that probably wouldn't help my repair bills get paid......

I would like to mention this. Yes, I broke my car and it's going to cost a lot of money to fix. However, a few years ago Mr. Berg broke his car.

How might you ask? Oh, he fell asleep at the wheel and ran into a tractor trailer.

Yeah, which is worse?

Atleast I was awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment