It happened again....
Saturday night I committed to getting back on the workout wagon and once again Ryan was up for the day at 4:30am. However, I was bound and determined NOT to let this derail my efforts.
Thus, Sunday morning after I sent Mr. Berg off to urgent care for a sinus infection and got Mr. Ass Crack of Dawn down for his nap, I changed into my workout clothes and decided to break out some Jillian Michaels 6 Pack Abs. Except, there was just one problem- logistics.
Since I was using Amazon Prime- My viewing options were:
1. In the Living Room on the Roku
2. In the basement using either my laptop or iPad. Our basement tv barely understands what a DVD player, so the roku is out.
Attempt #1- Living Room/ Hard Wood Floors
My atomic bouncing woke up Ryan within 10 minutes of beginning.
Mother Eff Word- Run upstairs, deal with the boy, get boy back down, run back downstairs.
Attempt #2- Living Room/ On the Play Mat
The burpees caused me to rip play mat in half....
1. No one said anything about burpees
2. Thankfully the play mat fits together like a puzzle and was easily repaired.
Attempt #3- Basement/ Watching on the Laptop
My laptop screen is too small, there's no good place to put the laptop and still see the screen. Then I ran into the coffee table and bounced off the TV.
Mother Eff word for the 3rd time.
Attempt #4- Basement with iPad
Atomic Bouncing causing iPad to fall over. Can't properly watch iPad when it's flat on the floor.
There was no attempt #5. At that point, I had done the same 7 minutes of the DVD four times. I was sweaty, frustrated and my inner thighs hurt (why?) but my abs felt fine.
So, I did was any red blooded American women would do. I picked my iPad off the floor, ordered the DVD online and went upstairs to take a shower.
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I again laid out my workout clothes last night, wrote down my workout rotation and set my alarm for an early morning wake up.
As I kissed Mr. Berg goodnight, he mentioned his stomach hurt. I thought nothing of it- Homebody ate a greasy Italian sub for lunch, ate crap all night watching football and capped it off with a huge glass of egg nog. (I swear, this is not typical).
I was wrong.... he was starting with the stomach flu. And then Ryan decided that 3:45am was an awesome time to wake up for the day.
Thus, no morning workout for Jessica.... and no sleep either.
I feel defeated and frustrated and honestly, pretty sad.
But I'm determined not to let this ruin my week. I'm still gearing up for success.
A whole new post, coming up next.....
Omg... I remember those days of having to plan everything around little ones and big ones aka husbands. Hang in there lady... at least you are trying!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lady- One of these days all the pieces will fall back into place.... until then, I'll just go insane.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you
ReplyDelete