(for my sanity Points+ is now P+)
For the record, I jumped into the new program with both feet. I didn't grocery shop specifically for the plan, I didn't spend hours reading about it before starting. I just jumped in and got on with it.
As I went through the week, I did spend a good amount of time reading about the changes to the program, the new points calculations, the reasoning behind the changes, the research and science involved. I trust WW, their research, their studies and their program. If anything, I think their changes push more towards healthier eating and a healthier life style then it ever did before.
Overall:
- Fruit is Free- But that doesn't mean you need to go out an eat a watermelon, a pineapple and a bunch of bananas in one sitting. As Oprah once said "Eating too much of anything will eventually make you fat." And she's right. Fruit is full of good for you stuff, but it's also heavy in sugar. Thus, moderation people.
For me, anywhere between 2-3 servings a day is about right. - Healthier choices = healthier well being. Prior to P+ you had to make a decision to eat a 2pt package of 100 calorie cupcakes or a 2pt Bananas. What would you pick?
I'd pick the cupcakes too. But guess what's going to fill you and keep you satisfied? Not the cupcakes, that I can assure you. - Activity it still activity. There has been much debate on the message boards as to what equals an activity point. Guess what, it's different for everyone. Some people use heart rate monitors, some people use the activity calculator. Some people say 100 calories = 1 pt, others say 80 calories = 1pt.
I don't have an answer, but I will say this: However you calculate, be it HRM, calculator, or smoke signals- consistency is key. Keep doing whatever way works best for you and the results should follow. - Just because fruit is free, don't forget your veggies. Just don't, okay?
- And finally, if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. Put crap in, crap comes out. Put good in and good comes out. Put the system to work for good, don't use it for pudding cups and crappy miniature cupcakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment