December is tough month. It's tough on weight loss, tough on schedules, tough on eating, tough on your wallet It is just tough.
This month alone Mr. Berg and I will be attending five holiday parties, one wedding, one rehearsal dinner and have plans for several dates to various shows and holiday concerts. Whew....
With all the running from place to place or party to party there isn't as much time for workouts. I know I've preached before about making workouts a priority. They continue to be an important part of my weekly routine. However, they aren't as often as usual. Prior to December, it wasn't uncommon for me to get five/six workouts in a row before a rest day. Now that December is here.... that's out the window.
For example, this week:
Monday- Work Out- 40 Minutes
Tuesday- Maybe a 25 minute workout if I'm lucky?
Wednesday- W/O- 40 Minutes
Thursday- Maybe a 30 minute w/o or maybe buying a Christmas Tree
Friday- 40 Minute W/O Saturday- Wedding
Sunday- Wedding Recovery/Hibernation- Hopefully a W/O , but who knows for sure.
All in all- With certainty, I will get three workouts in this week.
Three is better then nothing. I have to keep reminding myself of that.
So, instead of the skipped workout guilt I am so good at giving myself. Instead, I hope to show myself some grace. I'm still working hard in other areas. I continue to make healthy choices, look for healthy options, ignoring the ever growing collection of Christmas cookies that appear at the Family Owned Inc. coffee bar.
I also have to remember, I started this journey almost two month ago, and I was almost 9 pounds heavier then.
So, December is a month of grace.
January.... well, let's just say there won't be so much grace there....
No comments:
Post a Comment