To be honest, I sort of forgot what it felt like to be over whelmed at work. It has been a long time since I was actually truly very, very busy. For months now my desk has been clean and my piles organized. You could walk into my office at any given moment and see exactly what I was working on.
Right now, if you walked in here, you'd probably run out screaming. I'm about ready to.
There are piles and folders and forms and sticky notes and paperclips everywhere. I currently have no idea where my pen is and I can't find my to-do list but I'm pretty sure it's under a pile of papers to my right. What I can tell you though, is where my Diet Pepsi is.
I always know where my Diet Pepsi is..... always.
So, if I'm so overwhelmed, why am I here and not working?
Mostly because I'm overwhelmed. I need to take a moment to acknowledge that. To tell myself, yes, you are overwhelmed but that's okay. You'll regroup and keep going.... you always do.
Being overwhelmed at work is some what similar to weight loss. At least, I think so.
Too much work and too much weight are both overwhelming and difficult to navigate. The important thing to remember is to regroup, take it a step at time.
I didn't gain 15 pounds over night, I won't lose it over night.
I may have gotten a crap load of work to do over night, but again, it won't stop over night either.
Break it down. Piece by piece.
Saturday will mark one month on the WW. I've lost almost 8 pounds at this point. I did it a little bit at a time. I didn't go to bed last night and wake up 8 pounds slimmer. It was done, slowly, over 4 weeks. It took 28 days.
Granted, it won't take 28 day to get through this pile.
But in 28 minutes, 2.8 hours I'll be further along then I am right now.
In 28 days from now, I might lose another 8 pounds. Who knows?
The point is. Take a deep breath and break it down. Piece by piece, step by step. Progress.....
With all of this, weight, work, life, it all just takes progress....
No comments:
Post a Comment