Today is going to be a busy day here in Berg Land. Between working, voting, hair appointments, banking, workingout and household chores there won't be much time for relaxing.
Thus, I was up early, early today to squeeze in a workout before work. I typically HATE early morning workouts. It's cold, it's early, it's typically down right miserable. But I knew I had to get the job done so off I went.
I was surprised at how well the work out went and how awake I feel now that it's done. Who needs caffeine? Work out! It's a much better buzz, I promise.
I had an ah-ha moment later this morning while in the shower (I get my best ideas in there). Why don't I wake up early every Tuesday and work out? Hmm......
You see, Tuesday are a rough days in the Berg Household. Mr. Berg has to wake up early for a weekly breakfast meeting. J-Berg does not.
Typically I'm up every morning between 5:30 and 5:45 depending on my schedule. Each morning the alarm goes off and I get up and go. I do not hit snooze, I do not go directly back to sleep. I wake up and go.
After my morning routine in the bathroom is done, I wake up Mr. Berg for the first time. Then I turn on the TV and the bedroom lights and plan my outfit and find my shoes. I then wake up Mr. Berg for the second time. I then do my make up and fix my hair before throwing things at Mr. Berg to get his ass out of bed. See where this is going?
Thus, Tuesdays are typically hell. Mr. Berg's alarm goes off three times. He hits the snooze button every single effing time. Then my alarm goes off, I get up and start my day. I've been awake for a half hour at this point. Mr. Berg magically wakes up 20 seconds after I close the bathroom door and demands the bathroom.
This does not fly. I typically have no qualms about sharing the bathroom. However, three are certain things everyone needs to do alone. I do not enjoy having an audience, particularly one that demands I leave.
So, going forward, I'm going to just cut the crap and go workout. Mr. Berg can act like the 30 something that he is and fend for himself and get his own butt out of bed.
Something tells me, next week, I'll finish my work out and come upstairs to find Mr. Berg still in bed......
Oh well, not a problem.
And PS- Please remember to get out there and vote today.
I did. It took 10 minutes and half of that was waiting in line for the old lady to find my name.
Have a great day everyone!!
VOTE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment