Dear Blog-
I confess I did not work out on Friday or Saturday. Friday I was too excited about all of our recent job success at Family Owned Inc, all I wanted to do was bake and have a glass of wine. So that's what I did.
Saturday I was just too darn busy. There was too much to do between getting ready for the party and the regular household stuff.
Please forgive me for my Halloween sins.
Love,
J-Berg.
Oh well... shit happens....
Other wise, I did exactly what I said I'd do. I ate healthy on Friday night and Saturday up until the party and Sunday I went right back to healthy eating and working out.
But let me tell you this... Sunday was a b with a big ol' itch.
I woke up Sunday and felt like total crap. Could it have anything to do with the following facts:
- I went to bed at 2am, probably fell asleep around 2:45 (My type a extrovert personality requires that I can't sleep easily after hanging out with so many fun people)
- I woke up at 8:30am
- Ate crap from 3pm to 1am
- Drank wine, but only 2 very small glasses, so I doubt that mattered much
- Smelled like a camp fire from the pervious night's fire pit
All in all Sunday was rough. I spent most of the morning trying to get my stomach ache to go away. I got my chores done around the house, had my lunch, got things ready for dinner and finally made my way to the basement to work out.
It was rough, I was rough.
I turned on the DVD player and got to the work out selection screen. I actually surprised myself when I decided to do a harder work out then orginally planned.
The first 10 minutes I felt like dog poop. I was ready to cave, eat a pumpkin cream pie, do anything other then work out.
My audience, fat cat and Sophie, had hidden their heads in the sofa coushins that's how bad it was.
I just kept reminding myself of how far I've come, how much I want to see a loss when I stand on the scale on Thursday. I reminded myself that Saturday was only one day, I still had progress to make.
I kept going, I kept sweating and I kept cursing. But low and behold, by the 30 minute mark I have having a blast.
I finished my work out and it was as if the workout changed my whole mind set. I was no longer feeling the pain. I was thrilled to have taken another step towards a healthier life style.
And the greatest reward? I put on a pair of jeans that Mr. Berg bought me for our first Chirstmas. For a long while they had been tight on me. It would take a wear or two to get them to fit right and actually be comfortable.
Last night I put them on, fresh from the dryer and they fit. By the time dinner rolled around they had stretched alittle bit and were practically falling off.
Woohoo! Happy Dances for everyone!
The even greater part. I put on my skinny jeans. I'm happy to report, we are almost there people. I'm willing to bet that another two weeks and those suckers will fit.
So the morale of the story: Allow youself to have a carefully planned break, but get right back on that horse. Do not stop, do not stretch that break out forever, do not cut yourself more breaks then you deserve. You owe it to yourself to continue making progress.
I'm excited and refreshed and ready to keep moving. The only person driving this vechile is me. I owe it to myself to keep pushing it along.
No comments:
Post a Comment