Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, Monday, Monday

The best way to describe my weekend: Effing Rollercoaster

One minute I felt confident, the next minute I was ready to throw in the towel, then I'd be okay again and then I'd return to beating myself up.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Here's the breakdown:

Friday- stayed on point until dinner and that's when the fun began. Mr.Berg picked and Italian restaurant with limited and fatty menu. I sucked it up and had chicken picatta. It was really good, I must admit. I kept my porition under control and though I went over my points, I wasn't beating myself up about it too badly.

Saturday- I had a great workout, good breakfast, healthy lunch, I stayed away from snacks and temptations. Dinner time rolled around and Mr. Berg wanted to make poppy seed pheasant with some of the pheasants he shot on his hunting trip. It tasted like ass, so I stuck to my broccoli and salad and a small amount of super gross pheasant crap.

Sunday- Great breakfast, lunch and workout. Got to dinner and it was fine. My roasted veggies were probably pointy, and I went for that second glass of wine.

That's when the real beating myself up part came into play. I mentally kicked my own ass all night long. And I mean all night. I think I slept for two hours last night. My stomach is a mess, I have headache, the little voice is partically screaming failure.

And you know what? I didn't fail.
I'm human. I ate and I enjoyed myself and I was pretty responsible about it too.
So failure? Not so much
Fell of the wagon for a moment or two? Sure did.

This plan is all about redemption, second chances, learning experiences and getting back up and brushing the dust off your ass. And I am fully prepared to do just that.
Will I make a mistake again? Sure will.
Do I plan on eating my face off this weekend at a Halloween party? You betcha.

But I also plan on working out every day this weekend except for Tuesday, which is a regularly scheduled day of rest anyway. I plan on squeezing in an extra workout of Sunday.

Tomorrow when I get to my volunteer program I probably will eat the meal in front of me. But I will limit my portion and act responsibly.

I'm still working towards my goal. I hit speed bumps. But I will keep going....

No comments:

Post a Comment