Thursday, October 10, 2013

Recently....

Because crazy grows on trees around here.....


While outside my house, following Ryan as he walks up and down the sidewalk like a mini Frankenstein...

Neighbor: Hi, how are you guys?

Me: Oh, we're doing great. We're enjoying this nice weather while it lasts.

Neighbor: (picks up Ryan as he walks over to here) Wow, he really looks like your husband!

Me: I know, everyone tells me that.

Neighbor: Well, (handing Ryan back to me) better luck next time, right?

Me: Huh?



While Picking Up my CSA Share yesterday....

CSA Lady: Everyone try the cheese samples we put out. We are thinking of adding this to our CSA as an add on next year.

(My inner fat girl rejoices as I make way to the cheese... LOVE CHEESE)

Old Bitty with Ugly Shoes: (blocking all access free cheese) Oh, this cheddar is terrible... just terrible.

Me: (reaches for sample, gets denied as Old Gossip goes for another sample)

Old Bitty: Oh my gosh, why would you put out Swiss... no one likes Swiss (as she crams 30 samples into her mouth)

Me: Oh, I like swiss, do you mind if I get a sample?

Old Bitty: You won't like it it's terrible.

CSA Lady: Really, it's not good? It was such a hit at the local vendor show we attended last month.

Me: I haven't tried any yet, but I'm sure it's good. I've heard good things about the vendor.

Old Bitty: Well, if you like cheese you might like it. I'm not a fan of chese.

Me: (then why the fuck are you hogging up all the cheese?) Oh well, not everyone likes the same things.

Old Bitty: (hands now empty tray back to CSA Lady) No one is going to like this.

Me: (head explodes as I leave with a box full of veggies and a empty belly. Meanwhile, my inner fat girl is throwing a huge temper tantrum)

No comments:

Post a Comment