Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Talk About My Pants

Because I'm sure my pants are the first thing on everyone's minds this morning, right?


I'm having a serious problem in the pants department. Pants that fit me incredibly well prior to getting pregnant/during the early parts of my pregnancy are now falling into one of two categories.

Category #1: Too small.

Category #2: Too big.

Please note there is not a Category #3: Just Right.

Nope, I haz no pants.

Last week I tried on a pair of grey slacks that I got the spring before I go pregnant. Typically they have always fit well. Maybe a little bit tight around my waist went I'm not careful but overall, fantastic fit. Last week they were so far up my crotch I thought I would end up with a UTI or worse.

Yesterday I put on my favorite pair of khaki pants. I've had these suckers since college. They have been my faithful friends for many, many years. Until I went and had a baby. Now they are way too loose around the thighs and way too tight around my belly. What the heck?

Today I have on another favorite pair, black dress pants, in my usual size, in my favorite fit from Loft. I look like I have a load in my pants and they are too loose around my belly and sitting too low on my hips. Does that even make sense to you?

So basically, I'm a pants misfit.

I either look poured into them or swimming out of them. Either way, it isn't pretty. I have an entire closet of problem pants and no solution in mind.

Here's hoping when I switch out my fall/winter clothing with my spring/summer clothing I have better luck.

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment