For the past couple of months Sophie has been a little bit, shall we say, anti baby.
She won't curl up and sleep with me anymore, she ignores my belly and anything that we bring into the house that would be considered baby related. Even more concerning is her hate for what was once her favorite room in the house.
Even before we started turning the guest room into a nursery, she refused to go in the room unless someone went with her once the baby gear started to appear. Typically it was her favorite room to sleep in and explore. She was ever so protective of the room and even went as far as to sit on the bed in front of the house guests that were staying in the room. Almost as if to say "hey, this is my place."
I worried she'd never get over the fact her room had changed and wasn't necessarily hers anymore. I also worried she'd really act out once the baby arrived.
After we moved the furniture in a few weeks ago, I started leaving the door to the nursery propped open again. I never encouraged her to go in there. But I would also praise her and pet her if she ever appeared while one of us was in there.
To her credit, Sophie has taken to the nursery in fine fashion. For the past week I have noticed that whenever I can't find her, she's been curled up on the floor by the window in the nursery. Every morning when I leave our bedroom to head downstairs for breakfast she comes out from the nursery just as happy as a lark.
She seems at peace. I hope it stays that way.
It won't be long before a screaming new born is in there, and then what?
Lord only knows.....
No comments:
Post a Comment