Tuesday, June 19, 2012

37 Week Letter

Dear Baby Boy-

Woah, 37 weeks! You know what that means? You're full term. How on earth did that happen?

I hate to break it to you kid, but you need to just stay put. We aren't ready for you yet. We just installed your car seat last night, and put sheets on your bed over the weekend. Your clothes are washed but they're just sitting in the basket waiting to be folded and put away. Your stroller is still in the box and we haven't figured out how to use your monitor or anything yet. So..... just stay put. Think you can handle that?

In all honesty though, I don't think you're ready yet anyway. If Mama had to guess, you'll probably end up being late. Late is fine. Aside from not being 100% ready at home, I'm not 100% ready in my heart yet. I love having you with me all the time. I love knowing you are safe and warm and well protected in my belly. I get the biggest kick out of putting my hand on my belly and feel your bottom on your foot or your knee. I'm just starting to figure out what is where and before long you'll be on the outside. It makes me sad and excited, all in the same breathe.

Your Daddy is so excited to meet you. He's getting worked up, thinking about all the things we have yet to do. But when it all comes down to it. He can't wait to meet you. He can't wait to have you in his arms and he can't wait to be your Daddy.

Speaking of being a Daddy. We helped Daddy celebrate his first Father's Day on Sunday. We got him a really awesome diaper bag and some helpful items for when you arrive. With any luck, you won't go without wipes and a toy when you're out and about with Dad.

We have such a wonderful life waiting for you. From amazing grand parents, to wonderful friends and trips to the beach. We can't wait to share our lives with you. You'll never be lonely, not as long as we're around.

We love you darling Boy.
But please, stay put for a few more weeks. Give us a little more time.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment