Thursday, June 21, 2012

37 Week Survey

How far along?
37 Weeks and 4 days


How Big is Baby:
This week he is the size of a winter melon. Although, to be very honest, I don't know what a winter melon is.
Symptoms:
Yesterday was the first day that I felt really, really uncomfortable all day. At first I thought it was early labor, which freaked me out. I'm not ready yet.
But embarrassingly enough, I think it was just a really bad case of gas.... I know, eww.

Otherwise, I still feel pretty good. My feet are pretty much swollen all the time now. My tailbone hasn't been giving me too much grief. I am totally worn out by 5:30-6pm. And by worn out, I mean, totally uninterested in doing anything but laying on the sofa with my feet up.
Weight Gain:
I hit the 30 pound mark this week.
And I'm not talking about it anymore.

Best moment this week:
A Couple:
The car seat is in the car, we're getting it inspected for safety purposes tomorrow.
All of his clothing is folded and organized and put away in his dresser.
We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary last night. Mr. Berg got me three dozen roses. That's a lot!

Worst Moment of this Week:
The super high temperature and the humidity does not make for a happy pregnant lady. Doesn't matter how much time I spent in the AC or how much water I drink. It still just makes me feel gross!


Movement:
Slowing down. Today has been a particularly slow day for him.
(and I just started annoying him to make him move and he's probably in there plotting his revenge for 3am every night for his first year of life)


Food cravings:
Food is so unappealing right now. It really makes me sad. I eat, obviously, I gained 30 pounds. But nothing is that exciting to me anymore. I don't really want anything. I haven't craved anything lately. I don't even really care where we go when we go out to eat anymore. It's sad for a foodie like me.
Gender: A very sweet baby boy
.

Labor Signs: I have noticed an increase in braxton hicks contractions.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, looking much like a doughnut hole

What I miss: Always the following:
Raw Sushi, Wine, Beer, Pants with zippers and snaps, Spinning, a Hard Work Out, Running, Staying Up Late, Spray Tans, Frozen Margaritas, Jamaican Smiles and Walking Up Steps Without Having to Stop and Catch my Breathe, Wine on the Back Deck on a warm night. The beach in general.
Feet that aren't swollen, being able to bend over and fix my toe nail polish, not feeling like a weebelwallbel.


What I am looking forward to:
Mr. Berg's work shower is tomorrow afternoon.
Finishing the registry on Saturday
Relaxing and putting my feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment