Monday, February 20, 2012

20 Week Letter

Dear Baby Berg:

I know, I say this every week. But seriously, how on earth are you half baked already? 20 WEEKS!

July seems like a lifetime away, but I know, it's really not that far at all.  I think back to October when we first found out we were pregnant with you. That too seems like a lifetime ago. But 20 weeks of pregnancy, well that time just flew by. It really, really did.

According to the experts, you are the size of a cantaloupe this week. Yikes! That's huge, kid. Apparently by 20 weeks, I am supposed to be suffering from heart burn, leg cramps and constipation. However, for whatever reason, I have none of these issues. Thanks Buddy, I appreciate the break from the havoc.

This week your Daddy and I took you to your very first concert. You were quite the mover and shaker through the whole thing. What I found the most interesting, you knew some of the songs. We listen to them in the car a lot. If a song was played that you knew, you were way more active. I was so impressed by this. Music has always played a huge role in my life. I can play several instruments, I sang in a few choirs, I'm always on the hunt for something new and different music wise. I hope you will treasure music too. Some man of life's problems can be quelled and cured with music.

In 18 days we'll finally get to know who you are. While I could kick our doctor for not letting me schedule your ultrasound earlier, I am thrilled that the date has finally been set. We really don't care either way if you're a boy or a girl, we just want you to be happy and healthy. And based on the amount of movement I'm feeling, I think it's safe to say, all is well.

We love you Baby.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment