- I am the first born child to my parents, the first born of our 5th generation company and the first born girl on my Dad's side of the family in as many generations. I accomplished a lot just by showing up.
- I have always driven a Ford. While I appreciate and love other brands, I always come back to Fords.
- I have always owned a cat, since the day I was born. Sophie and Bob are numbers 4 and 5.
- I do not prefer cats to dogs, it's very much the opposite. However, I'll probably always have a cat.
- I have naturally curly hair which I hated up until my senior year of high school.
- I straighten my naturally curly hair 3 to 4 times every month. I like knowing that I have an alter ego.
- I cannot spell worth a shit, however I love to write. I think spell check on computers and my android have only increased my ability to misspell.
- A happy day for me is one spent in the kitchen. I am constantly learning how to make new and different things. This annoys Mr. Berg, he hardly gets the same meal twice.
- Mr. Berg isn't just the love of my life, he saved me. Had he not come along when he did, I have no idea where I'd be.
- The years prior to Mr. Berg coming along where the darkest and happiest moments of my life. I had amazing highs, and incredible lows.
- I have an addiction to Sandals Resorts. It is not pretty. I am only realizing this addiction now that I have zero dollars to spend at a Sandals Resort. So far I have visited Sandals Antigua, Sandals Dunn's River (now closed) and Sandals's Grande Riviera.
- Sophie and Bob reflect Mr. Berg and my personalities exactly. Sophie and I are independent, enjoy spending time by ourselves, are vocal when displeased and like to pick at food all day. Bob and Mr. Berg are co-dependant, hate to be alone and make friends every quickly. They also get very nervous if they aren't sure when their next meal is coming along.
- I havere-reading the Harry Potter Series atleast four times. I'm gearing up for round five this summer.
- Fall is my favorite season. I get so excited to buy pumpkins and corn stalks and decorate our house. I also get excited for apple cider and pumpkin pie.
- I don't talk about my mother-in law very much. I don't have a lot of say when it comes to her.
- I own an amazing amount of shoes, sandals, flip-flops etc. It is pathetic. But I always find room for one more :)
- My Mom is my favorite person in the entire world. She cracks me up on a daily basis and is never at a loss for words.
- I would love to travel the world. On my current list of places to go: Nappa Valley/ Sonoma, St. Lucia, The Bahamas, Italy, China, Korea, Greece, Hawaii, Exotic Western Caribbean and New Orleans.
- My brother is probably my best friend, however, I do a terrible job of keeping up with him. He talks to Mr. Berg way more then he talks to me.
- On that note, I do a terrible job of keeping up with all of my friends. It's not that I don't care, I just don't think about it.
- To be honest, I live in my head a lot. The wheels are always going, I'm always thinking about something. I have a terrible time falling asleep some nights.
- GI Joe was the only other man I ever thought I would marry. I truly loved him. However, it was a very one sided love. I was always fighting the battle to make him love me. It wasn't ever meant to be. I'm glad I figured that out, even if it was the hard way.
- Despite all the badness surrounding GI Joe and our relationship. I still look back on it fondly and I'm grateful for the experience.
- When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian more then anything in the world. Too bad I hate needs and blood makes me vomit.
- Related to blood and vomit. What exactly will I do when I have Baby Berg, how will I handle that?
- Also related to blood and vomit. Bob pukes at least three times a week, I never fail to clean it up. It has never made me heave. Bob also had his penis removed. I had to rub neosporin on his incision for weeks. That never bothered me once either. Amazing, really.
- People often tell me how clear and nice my skin is..... That is a bold face lie. I know it! I'm constantly breaking out.
- With that said, perhaps I should thank Armani for developing a wonderful brand of liquid makeup that covers said blemishes.
- Diet Pepsi is "the cure in a can" for me. Bad Day? Diet Pepsi. Headache? Diet Pepsi. Not Enough Sleep? Diet Pepsi. Car Wreck? Diet Pepsi.
- Wine is a "cure in a bottle" for me. However, it is often more socially acceptable to drink Diet Pepsi at 8:45am while attending an office meeting.
- I'm being groomed to run an HR department here at Family Owned Inc. I don't feel adult enough to run it yet. It kind of scares me. But I'm sure I'll do just fine, once I figure out how to "own it"
- I didn't realize I could be good at life until I was in 8th grade and a guidance counselor believed in me.
- I attach songs to specific periods in my life. When they come on my ipod I can literally remember every detail of the moments I've attached them to. Otherwise, those memories are just fuzzy thoughts buried somewhere deep in my brain.
- I love to listen to sad songs on my car radio when I'm driving at night. I revisit moments in my life and analyze how far I've come or not so far in some cases.
- My Dad's mom died long before I was born. Yet, I miss her every day.
- I cannot wait to become a Mom.
- Mr. Berg worries because he didn't have much of a role model when it comes to parents. I hope he'll see for himself that he had plenty of parental role models, they just weren't his actual parents.
- I have no doubt he'll be an amazing father.
- I miss owning a dog. Especially when I'm home alone for a few days at a time when Mr. Berg goes away on business. Sophie and Bob are lovely, but they offer no protection other then to be thrown at an intruder. And seeing as they don't have front claws, again, useless. And on top of that, how capable would I be to throw 20 pounds of blubber? Not very....
- I decided early on that I would have to find the humor in every day situations at Family Owned Inc in order to survive. That doesn't stop me from having my heartbroken, but it helps.
- I struggle at understanding how I'll survive motherhood, full time job and potential ownership of a company. All in all, I'll probably do just fine. It's the unknown that gets to me though.
- If I don't see the ocean at least once every other month I get antsy. Thank goodness for the family beach house.
- I have never seen stars like I did when I lived in Central Virginia. I wish I could explain it. They were beautiful.
- Alaska was the most amazing experience of my life. Standing on top of a glacier in the middle no where... it made me realize that all the things I worry about are so minimal compared to the greatness of the planet we live on.
- Wine is a food group, in case you weren't aware
- When I was very small I always felt like there was someone I was supposed to meet. When I was 8, I learned about my Dad's mom, who had died when he was 12. That's when I realized who was missing.
- I never met her, but I talk to her almost every day.
- I grew up in and continue to live in Central PA. Virginia is my true home.
- I could eat sushi every day and not grow tired of it.
- Thong underpants befuddle me. Why do I keep wearing them, they are not comfortable.
- David Gray is amazing.
- The Counting Crow have written the sound track of my life.
- Lyle Lovette would probably want to marry me if he met me. I would totally marry him.
- Yes, I know what Lyle Lovette looks like.
- Have you heard that man sing? Enough said.
- I miss playing the piano.
- I still get a little bit nervous every time I am asked to speak in front of people, but I love it. I think the nervousness is what helps me do well.
- I can't wait to wear reading glasses. (Don't throw shit at me, Mom)
- I have named my future children. Mr. Berg has yet to approve these names, in fact, he won't even talk baby names.
- If my brother were to ever die before me, my world would absolutely stop.
- He's supposed to always be there, it's just the way my mind works.
- My Dad's Dad died nearly four years ago. I work in the same place he did. I pass his office every day, I sit in it three times a month for management meetings. None of this phases me, but the minute I see his picture, I feel like a knife is stabbing me.
- I am so mad at him for dying. It's not like he planned it, but still
- The day he died, he bought a new car and two new pairs of shoes. Obviously he wasn't planning on dying.
- It didn't stop me from kicking his grave stone the last time I paid him a visit.
- Clearly, I have a lot of unresolved issues there.
- Mr. Berg would be really mad if he knew I admitted that to an Internet full of complete strangers
- My life is an open book...... 95% of the time.
- My life is not an open book for my extended family. I prefer them to know as little about me as possible. Working in a family business will do that to you.
- I started working on this list in September of 2010.
- I have an amazing ability to procrastinate when I feel compelled to.
- Mr. Berg and I are planning our 5 year wedding anniversary trip, in two and a half years :) Our current choices are Nappa Valley or St. Lucia. St. Lucia will probably win. Truth be told, we will probably end up back in Jamaica
- I cannot wait to take my children to Disney World, Mr. Berg and I talk about that all the time.
- I didn't realize how much I loved running and spinning until I stopped doing them.
- My mind is constantly trying to put the plan together for raising Baby Berg for the first year. I need to fit a 40 hour work week into 4 days, good luck J-Berg.
- My husband's best friend's Mother (follow that?) is my unofficial Mother in Law. She means the world to me and I tell her that every time I see her.
- When the going gets tough, I give myself mental pep talks or mental butt kickings in the shower
- Speaking of things I do in the shower, other then shower. Pray. I pray my best prayers in the shower. I think it's because there are zero distractions and I have to focus on just one thing.
- I really enjoy doing laundry. I think it's because I grew up working in a laundromat. It just seems so normal to me.
- Yes, you read that right. My family owns laundromats. I paid for my college education in quarters, literally.
- Mr. Berg had been planning a very awesome trip for my 30th birthday. On my 30th birthday this year, we will have a two month old. No cool birthday getaway for me. That's okay, I'll have better things to do :)
- I am still perfecting the perfect chicken picatta. I've nearly got it.
- Mr. Berg is my favorite travel companion. We're both pretty good travelers and we're always up for a decent adventure. Plus, we love seeing the world and experiencing local cultures.
- I haven't had a bad cold since March of 2011.
- I crave structure. When things go awry, I get really antsy.
- I love to pop a good pimple.
- I have never been a fan of red meat, it's a texture issue. Meanwhile, I'll eat the heck of out some seafood.
- Raw Oysters with a vinegar based mignonette are my all time favorite food.
- Nothing in this world can't be solved without a good bottle of wine.
- Working in a male dominated industry has never been a problem for me. In fact, I prefer it. But sometimes it does make me laugh. Like when I look around at a meeting and realize I'm the only one wearing pink in a sea of dark suits. Better yet, when I'm sitting in a board room and everyone else has sleek silver coffee tumblers and mine is covered in flowers and says Lilly Pulitzer on it.
- Speaking of our girl Lilly. What are the odds that my one size too big Lilly dress will fit when I'm say.... 8 months pregnant? A girl can dream of wearing Lilly to her shower, right?
- I am typically pretty calm and a go with the flow type girl, on the outside. On the inside, totally different story.
- When driving down Route 81 heading south, there is a point in the highway where the road curves and you get your first full view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I always let out a huge sigh when I get to that place, without even realizing what I'm doing. I saw those mountains every day for 5 years. I miss them so much now.
- Not a week goes by that I do not think about GI Joe. Typically the thoughts are fleeting and end up with me thinking "hmmm, hope he's doing okay." Some people just leave really deep marks on your heart. I can't explain it any better then that.
- I love when Mr. Berg goes away for the weekend and I have the place to myself. I typically clear my schedule and enjoy the peace and quiet. When I'm not pregnant, I drink lots of wine and watch girlie movies. I also let Sophie sleep in the bed with me.
- In college I always had roommates and the first two places I lived in during graduate school where with roommates. I really thought I'd love living alone. I finally moved into an apartment by myself and I hated it. I never slept well and I was often lonely, even with two cats.
- My house is almost always clean, picked up and organized. I grew up in a house that always was, so it just made sense to me to keep things that way. Mr. Berg never had that but very much appericaites it now.
- I love having company over. I love cooking for others, getting to use my cool kitchen gadgets and seeing my friends and family.
- I truly don't have any regrets in my life. I honestly believe that everything I have said, done, experienced was meant to be and got me to where I am today.
- When all is said and done, even if that ends up being tomorrow. I can truly say that I have lived a good life and my time here was well spent.
Thursday, February 16, 2012
100 (Meaningful) Things About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment