I would like to add the following to yesterday's list:
- Handful of Wheat Thins- The Reduced Fat Kind (because at that point it really mattered?!?)
- 2 Wedges of Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese (cheese and crackers go together like peas and carrots you know)
- Several extra spoon fulls of brown rice
- More Jelly Beans (again, {headfreakingdesk})
So, it goes without saying yesterday was a REALLY.BAD.DAY.
It started off right. I had a Green Monster Smoothie and my vitamin and my water.
Then I went off to build a Habitat House with my mentoring group for the day.
I had limited access to food and a limited menu full of crap.
Typically I eat every 3-4 hours. It's been a process that has worked great for me. I never get "too hungry" that way and my body always has fuel.
I ate at 6am. Lunch wasn't until 11:30. Until I could eat, it was closer to Noon.
I was famished. Thus, scarfing down a hot dog, chips, baked beans and cookies at a rapid fire pace.
When I got home later that afternoon I was still hungry thanks to the hard work and the junk food that doesn't satisfy or hold me.
I could have sat down, had a healthy snack or even an early dinner but I didn't.
I instead focused on putting things away, cleaning up and getting a hot shower.
And then it happened. I binged like there was no tomorrow.
And the only person I have to blame is me.
I didn't set myself up for a healthy day. I didn't own my choices or make healthy decisions. Instead, I just ate.
I'm feeling guilty, of course.
But I learned a whole lot.
And next time I'll know.
Put me first.
So today I'm giving myself a little bit of grace.
I'm focusing on healthy eating, drinking lots of water and hot tea (my throat hurts).
Tomorrow my schedule finally clears out so I can refocus on my workouts with a nice morning yoga session.
I need to spend some time refocusing. I need restart on my weight loss journey.
I need to look at how hard I've work, how far I've come and push myself to go just that much further.
And I need to remind myself how nice it is to fit into my size 6 pants again.
Seriously, you can't beat it.
Deep Breath, Deep Breath
No comments:
Post a Comment