Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Can I Be A Warrior Too?

Secret Confession:I love to watch The Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights.
It's probably my biggest guilty TV watching pleasure. And while Mr. Berg claims he hates the show, he knows all the contestants names and I think he even shed a tear when Courtney said her final fair well last night.

I found myself to be very caught up in something that trainer Bob (omg, I love him) said last night.
As he coached the Blue Team on their first workout of the week, he told them he wanted them to be warriors. He wanted his team to use this week to power through, to strive for excellence, and to push each other to their greatest potentials.

As I sat there, in my cat hair covered yoga pants and sweatshirt, I found myself wondering.... Could I be a warrior too?

I've been lax in my weight loss journey this past week. Mr. Berg and I traveled South this past weekend to visit his family. In involved a lot of food, a lot of wine and a lot of stress. While I was careful and watched my portions and choices, I wasn't the world's best example of sucess.

Add to that, Monday I didn't workout. Instead I caught up on housework, did laundry, put up my Easter decroations all while I fought a nasty battle with the stink bugs that decided to invade my home. (I flushed 15 of those suckers on Monday).

And yesterday, for most of the day, I was down for the count with a very nasty bout of tummy trouble.
(I also took Bob to the vet, which is a funny story for later)

Anyway, back to what I was orginally talking about.

Today and for the week that follows, I am going to strive to be a WW warrior. I will track every thing that goes in my mouth, I will stick to my workout plan and I will measure EVERYTHING. (I've been really, really bad about that lately.)

I will also post my daily menus, track my water consumption and cut most processed foods from my diet. I will however, drink wine. Because wine, my friends, is the best part of my weekends.

I hope this challenge will be the jump start I need to get back on the stick. I have a wedding coming up. And yes, I do love my body just the way it is right now, but I'd love to see how much more I'd love it if I got to goal.
So, here we go.

Warrior Challenge: Day One
Breakfast- 6:15am
Green Monster- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries, 2 Cups Organic Spinach, 1 Banana(frozen), 1 Cup Skim Milk and 1 tsp EVOO- Blended to perfection

Snack- Sometime between 9:30-10
Greek Yogurt
(Baby carrotts if needed)

Lunch- 12:15ish
Garden Burger Topped with Pepper Jack Cheese
Dipped in a Ketchup/Mustard Mix
Salad with Vinegar and 1tsp EVOO
Green Veggies (2/3 cups- give or take)
English Muffin with Orange Marmalade 

(Yes, I could put my burger on my english muffin, except, I got the honey wheat kind, which is gross with a burger. I learned this the hard way on Monday)

PM Snack- 3:30ish
Apple and String Cheese
(more baby carrots if needed)

Dinner:
Sherry Soy Chicken Breast
Brown Rice
Green Veggie
Salad

Exercise: Firm Express CS 1&4

No comments:

Post a Comment