Monday, February 23, 2015

With 14 Weeks to Go

On Thursday I'll be entering the great 3rd trimester. Somebody hold me......

By this time in my first pregnancy, most of our baby furniture was here. The guest room was cleaned out, the paint colors had been determined, the registry was completed, the bedding was ready to go and the tiny clothing was sorted and ready to be washed.


This time around.....

Oh my......


We know where Baby Boy's room is going to be. That's a start, right?


Okay, in reality maybe it really isn't so bad.

As of Saturday, we ordered Baby Boy's furniture. It will be arriving in the next three weeks.

His bedding has arrived.


I have some idea of window coverings, I just need to go find them.

There are bags and bags of baby clothes, somewhere, in our house, I think.....

His room is currently our office and our office is currently packed full of crap.

There in lies the problem... We are facing a log jam.


Our basement is in purgatory. We are in the middle of a painting overhaul that has taken twice the amount of time Mr. Berg had planned (note only 1 week longer then I had planned). We needed to paint the basement because it was ugly. Really, really, really ugly. Like fire engine red paint, tan paint and some sort of butter yellow paint wall combination.

It was so ugly that no one wanted to spend a lot of time down there. We didn't realize it until we started painting and suddenly the whole room appeared larger, warmer and more friendly.

I'm telling you all of this to now tell you that we're painting on basement so we can turn it into our bar, playroom, and office area. Basically, most of Mr. Berg's office is moving down, so we can then turn the old office into a new nursery. We can do neither thing until the basement is painted and the furniture is moved around.

Fun right?

I keep telling myself that it will all fall into place faster then I realize. But then I look at the office and the amount of crap that's shoved in there and I can't help but think we'll still be cleaning it out when my water breaks.

AUGH!


Fingers crossed, this all goes well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment