Monday, December 29, 2014

Wrapping My Head Around 2014

Wasn't it just New Year's Eve 2013?

Certainly, that just happened last week, right?

Obviously not.

There is a huge part of me that's having a hard time dealing with the fact that 2014 in nearly over already. Didn't I just celebrate my 32nd birthday..... in September?

This whole time getting away from me deal should come with zero surprises. I'm still hyperventilating over the fact the baby I gave birth to in 2012 will be 2 1/2 in a couple of weeks.


HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?


Clearly, time and I have a strange relationship.


 But, if I really, truly think about it. 2014 was a bit of a whirl wind.

There were trips to Virginia, Massachusetts, Delaware,  The Bahamas and South Carolina.

Friends got married, had babies and announced pregnancies.


My brother got engaged.

Mr. Berg knocked me up once again in no time flat.

My Pop-Pop passed away as did my Step Grandmother.

Sophie joined Bob in heaven.


We decided we're ready to move but then decided we're too poor to actually do anything about it.

We finally got around to painting the half bath we're been talking about painting for the past three years....

The basement is still a red paint nightmare, but maybe 2015 will hold a solution for that.

I lost a lot of weight, gained some of it back, got pregnant gained even more of it back.
I remain a hippopotamus going into the New Year....  


I never did learn to cook half the things I said I would.

I never did clean out those dresser drawers I keep putting on my to-do list.

The cardboard box of books sitting in my son's bedroom? Still there.


But our house filled with more love and more laughter then in was when the year started. We've grown in ways you can't measure with a yard stick or measuring tape.

We've experienced some incredible highs and some seemingly endless lows. All the while, we have survived them... all of them.


While there are days I still find myself standing in my kitchen wondering exactly how I  got here, I know it wasn't by accident.

It's been through hard work, happenstance and a little bit of luck. 

My life is a good one.
This year has been a good one.


Bring it 2015..... Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment