Monday, August 22, 2011

A Whole Lotta Nada

I'm still here.

Unfortunately, fortunately, depending on how you wanna look at it, I don't have too much to say.

My FIL is still here. He won't be leaving until next Monday probably. He did leave the house today, hopefully it will be quiet when I go home for lunch.

My have my "."
I'd much rather be curled up on the sofa eating Cheez-Its then working right now.

The average life span of an open bottle of wine at the Berg house hold is 72 hours.
The average life span of a open bottle of wine at the Berg house hold when FIL is here: 24.

Note: I'm the only one drinking it.

Poor Mr. Berg has been so wonderful with his dad's visit. He cleans up after him, keeps him entertained (I am apparently, very boring), redirects the conversation when I have to hear about the same historical crap over and over again. He's trying so hard to make this visit enjoyable for everyone. Sadly, I don't think anyone is having very much fun.

I clearly don't mind having FIL here to visit.
I clearly do mind having FIL here to visit for 12 days.
That is a really long time.

And now he wants to stay with us the night before we leave for Thanksgiving and the night we come home from Thanksgiving.

I seriously wanted to cry when he told us that.

Thanksgiving is an exceptionally hard holiday for me. Why drag it out for two extra days? WHY?

I'm feeling pretty down in the dump today if you haven't noticed. I'm craving my normal routine and my normal life. It's only Monday. I really have no idea how I'm going to make it through the next week. I wish I could elaborate on why this is so hard. But in order to protect the feelings of everyone involved, I've decided to keep details to a minimum and just say this:

Not everyone goes up in a family with two happily married, fully emotionally available, functioning parents. Not everyone grows up always feeling loved, safe and protected. There are children who grow up forever criticized, spoken to harshly and treated not always fairly.

I'm so thankful my husband turned out to be the man that he is. He is wonderful, caring, patient and kind.
He certainly didn't have to turn out that way, especially considering the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment