Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting My Head Back in the Game

Oh lordy, do I have a lot to say today.....

First, do you hear that?..... It's silence....... Where is coming from, you ask? MY HOUSE!!

FIL pulled out of the drive way around 4:30am. Neither Mr. Berg or I heard him, he was quiet as a mouse. A mouse that spilled coffee all over my kitchen, but that's neither here nor there. He is gone and that's all that matters.

I didn't get to have lunch at home today, but I did stop in for about 5 minutes to switch out laundry and feed the cats. It was bliss I tell you, pure bliss.

Now I just need to clean up after him. That will take all night.

Speaking of cleaning up.

The painters will be pulling into my driveway at 7:30 tomorrow morning. My house needs to be in "painting shape by then. I need to vacuum and wipe down baseboard, clean off surfaces, take down curtains and put my jewelry box in the safe. Not to mention I need to scrub down shower stalls, toilets and counter tops. I do not want to be accused of being the dirty house lady.

Plus, I need to make meatloaf muffins for dinner and squeeze in a good, long workout.

And now onto workouts.... are you following?

Yes?

Good..... on to workouts.

I attempted a workout on Sunday after taking Friday and Saturday off to attend to the FIL. (insert eye roll here, please and thank you)

This is after I ate a sun dried tomato bagel and scallion cream cheese.... yeah, that didn't go well.

The bagel was nothing but processed carbs, the cream cheese, well.... I'm not so sure what's all that bad about cream cheese but let's just go with the obvious, it's high in fat and that's not cool.

I ended up with zero energy and thus didn't complete my workout. I felt drained and tired and gross.

I know it has everything to do with the lack of proper fuel in my system. I cannot expect my body to run like a well oiled machine when I'm filling it with cheap-ass (yes, a technical term) fuel.

Let's face it. I threw in the towel this weekend. I ate okay, but I ate a lot and I self medicated with wine and beer. I deserve what I got.

Today is a new day and I need to focus on getting it right.
Thus far, I have. I had my green monster smoothie this morning. For my AM snack I had pomegranate Greek yogurt. Lunch was a grilled chicken salad with low fat dressing, reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, artichoke hearts, white beans and oil olive. It was delicious and filled me up with all sorts of good things. I've had 64 ounces of water and I'll be filling up my bottle again soon.

I'm doing all the right things, I just need to stick with them.
(and lay off the peanut butter pretzels, okay?)

I will get through this hurdle, I will feel better and I will see results.
I just have to stick to it.

I did not track this weekend. I know it wasn't pretty.

Thus, I won't be eating my activity points that I earn the rest of this week. I doubt it will make up for what happened. But that's okay. It's feedback not punishment.

So, head, welcome back to the game.
Go do something with yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment