Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Thoughts

I was up early, early this morning for my usual (granted, I haven't done it in weeks) run around the neighborhood. I was amazed at the signs of fall approaching- it was still pretty dark, the air was cool and crisp, the moon was bright and clear.

While it was sorta scary to run when it was still so dark out, I quickly found my rhythm and stuck to a pretty good pace.

Those few weeks of not running have really set meback. I was up to week 7 prior to my "Its Too Hot" Hiatus. I took myself back to week 4 this week. On Monday I'll give trying to run for 20 minutes straight another shot.

For all intensive purposes, I should do just fine. I felt pretty good today, not 100%, but I haven't been running, I should feel 100% yet.

Another interesting thing happened today, too.
I didn't take a BC pill this morning.
In fact, yesterday, I took my last one.

Next Friday, if I were up to my usual routine, I would be starting another pack of pills.
Only this time I won't be.
The email reminder to renew my prescription won't prompt me to pick up the phone and dial Walgreen's.
If anything, I'll just shrug.

So, there you have it. In a few weeks, Mr. Berg and I will be putting our fertility to the test.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.


In other news, FIL showed up on Wednesday.
He did not bring us anything, surprisingly enough.
And he isn't planning on visiting any museums or anything...
So, this means he'll be camped out on my sofa for the next 12 (yes, 12, as in 2 days shy of 2 weeks).

I would like to say I'm okay with this.
I really wish I could be okay with this.
But alas, I'm just grinning and baring it.
2 days down 10 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment