Well, quite technically, I haven't... yet.
The past twelve days have been a pain in the ass. I'm sorry, there's just no better way to put it. I've done everything but stand on my head to ensure my house guest's happiness. I did well on my workouts until Wednesday and then time got away from me and my routine went to crap. I've tried eating healthy, and mostly I have, but in large amounts. And there was a lot of wine and beer to be had.... it was the coping mechanism of choice.
I'm craving my normal routine, my usual place on the sofa, cats that aren't nervous wrecks and a husband who doesn't have a false perma grim plastered to his face. The past 12 days haven't been easy but they've certainly be necessary. It had been a year from FIL last visit. I'm sure the men enjoyed their reunion.
Tomorrow by 5am FIL will pull out of the driveway and our lives will return to normal, for 24 hours. Tuesday morning a painting crew will arrive to transform the left side of our 1st floor and the entire upstairs. Once again, everything will be turned upside down. At least, this time, the painters are only expected to take up three days, and they won't be sleeping in our guest room nor sitting at our dining room table.
I have healthy lunch choices stock piled in my fridge and freezer. I have a workout routine written on my weekly schedule board and I have a plan to actually track my meals instead of hoping I got the right answer.
Painters present or not, there will be meatloaf muffins for Monday and Tuesday and Pork Tacos for Wednesday and Thursday. Friday, we will grill as per tradition at the Berg house in the summer. I'll still be jumping around the basement, lifting weights, kick boxing and trying my hand at pilates (which I am really bad at) all over again.
I welcome my routine with open arms. I gladly embrace the return of normal.
I cannot wait to spend my Labor Day weekend alone with my husband. Together we will clean, cook meals and visit the movie theatre. We'll sleep in, go to bed early and whisper under the sheets.
I never thought I'd ever be so grateful for the return of Monday morning. But lo and behold, I really, really am.
No comments:
Post a Comment