Monday, May 16, 2011

Smooth Move J-Berg

Okay, so I wrote a post, blogger ate it and now I don't even remember what the post was about.... So we're moving on.


Friday was a shit storm. There is no two ways about it, it was a shit storm.

I got into the office at 8:30 following a morning breakfast meeting.
I didn't sit down until Noon when I left to grab some lunch.

Between 8:30 and Noon, I ran around like a crazy person. There were ducks to put in a row for my afternoon orientation, I had no less then seven phone calls to return and there were some manpower issues to handle. I doing so I realized I made a huge mistake. It was in the process of fixing the mistake I discovered I hadn't actually made a mistake, rather was given wrong information. Okay, easy enough, then I had to deal with a no-good employee.
When you are late to your job site three times in a row in the first week of employment and forget your company issued protective equipment the other two days, we're going to have a problem with it. And thus, you will probably get the boot.

In this case, the "offending" employee did, in fact, get the boot.

I terminated his employement at 11:25am.

I ran into terminated employee at 12:15pm at Subway.

When I saw him I saw "Hi There, how are you?"


I swear the words just flew out of my mouth.....



Nice J-Berg, real nice.

You just fired the guy, how do you think he was?

No comments:

Post a Comment