Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday Challenges

I had two challenges to face yesterday. First I had to run and then I had to cook fish.

Guess what?

I was a total success.

Monday night I laced up my running shoes and took to the neighborhood. I didn't amp myself up for the adventure. I just simply laced up and went.  I prior to starting my running endevour I knew I wanted to keep things fresh and never take the samae route twice. Thankfully, my neighborhood is really big. I have plenty of options.

The first run of the day wasn't pleasent. My legs felt like lead and every pace felt rusty.
Thankfully, by the second run I was moving right along.
Sure, running makes you sore. By the end of the 30 minutes I was ready to be done but I never felt like I couldn't do it. I never felt like I wanted to give up.

Maybe I'll be a runner some day after all?

Moving right along to the fish.

Last night I had two defrosted talapia filets waiting for me.
(I know, I know, frozen fish. But I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet, give me a break.)

I decided to bake them per the package instructions and baste them in a lemon garlic sauce I had on hand.
They were delicious and dinner came together in no time flat. Seriously, bake fish for 10 minutes. In the meantime, steam your broccoli, prepare your cous cous and thow some salad in some blows.

Hello, dinner!
Mr. Berg loved it. I was completely impressed with myself.
All in all, it was a good shake up and we're excited to try it again.

And on top of all of that. I've been eating much for cleanly in the past several days then I have in a good while. I cannot believe the engery I have.
I was wide awake at 5am, ready to rock and roll.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment