Monday, April 3, 2017

Met My Goal- Didn't Die

There's a point in one of my favorite Jillian Michael's videos where we're doing what's called a super set. It's basically a long set of moves that impact one area. It gets tougher and tougher before it's time to do a cardio set and start the process over again. Super sets are hard work but totally worth in. In this particular super set, an arm super set, right at the very end Jillian talk about how hard it is an then she asks "But are you going to die?" And I also answer out loud, No!. You know, because she can hear me.

I don't know why this moment in a work out video always hits me where it counts but it does. It's that extra kick in the pants, that extra "I got you" moment that drives to to push it just a little bit further and not die, because not dying is good. 

This past week it set in motion what I needed. The extra kick in the pants to get the job done. Sure it was hard, I had to really push to make good choice, but when all was said and done. My hard work paid off and it was worth it. I saw 148 on that scale and I was ecstatic.  That put into motion a weekend's worth of great choices and met goals.


So now, 146, is written on my wrist and by golly, I will get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment