Monday, April 10, 2017

Getting There

This week I crossed over the half way point of my love/hate relationship with Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Although I am doing this workout program for the second time, there are a lot of things I must have mentally blocked out because I completely forgot about how much I hate week 7. Weeks 5 and 6 were hard and painful and made my arms beg for mercy. But at the same time they were fun and motivating and while I said a few choice works from time to time I never really minded them.

Week 7 began yesterday and just as I began the first interval, all the hate came flooding back. The first interval of week 7 has always been my nemesis. I just don't have that kind of upper body strength and it hurts so bad... in  a good way. There were several times I found myself laying on my floor asking myself why I can't be happy with just being flabby. The answer: because I'm a masochist.

This morning I popped out of bed like a piece of toast and was at it again for another round of 4:30am torture. The second workout of week 7 isn't nearly as terrible. It's still very hard for me, but more manageable.

Later this morning it hit me, I made it through both workouts. I now know what to expect for the next two weeks. It hurts, it sucks, it makes me want to cry, but I know I can do it because I did it before. It won't be as scary when I do them again on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday etc.

I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. The number on the scale continues to go down. I continue to track my meals, get in my exercise, write my next number on my wrist, I chug water, I chase my kids, I sleep hard at night. I feel better both mentally and physically.

This is hard but it feels good.


As the numbers tick down both on the scale and for my upcoming vacation, I feel happy. I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. It's a good, good thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment