Well, it finally happened....... I got the stomach flu.
I'd been dodging it since started making the rounds in early December. Scores of people I knew posting their woes on Facebook, entire rows of cublicles were empty in my friend's offices, attendance to my husband's Christmas party was down 50% because of it. I knew it was only a matter of time before it found me.
And found me it did.
Friday morning I woke up feeling like a million bucks. It was my last day pulling double duty at work, while my co-worker was on vacation. I had to attend a hearing in the morning, take care of my parent's small business as they too were on vacation and get the grocery shopping done before getting Ryan from school. Somehow, I managed to hit the hearing, take care of small business. grocery shop and put all the groceries away before picking up lunch at heading back into work.
I remember walking through the doors of my office at 1:36pm on the nose, feeling like super woman! I had conquered the bulk of my to-do list. I was ready to face the afternoon! Bring on the weekend! I was rocking it.
Two and a half hours later, I slunk out of my office, on my way to show a rental property, completely unsure if my lunch hated me or if I was dying....
By 6pm, I knew it was the stomach flu and there was nothing I could do but wait it out. Nothing adds the stomach flu experience like a toddler hanging out in the bathroom with you while you call to the dinosaurs. Mama, again? Again! Yay!!!...... Mama? I hold your hand...... Mama, I go watch Monsters..... Mama, okay?
Where is your father, child?
And worse, just when your stomach gives a reprieve for a few minutes, the unborn kicks it, thus setting off another chain reaction of fun.
I won't even go into the lack of bladder control....
It was 24 hours of serious fun, let me tell you.
Thankfully, Sunday morning, I woke up feeling amazing.... until I woke up Monday morning.
Right back where I started from.
According to my doctor, I need to relax and rest.
Who's got time for that?
I conducting business from my sofa Monday afternoon.
Today I'm back in the office until it's either time to pick up the boy OR I start feeling bad.
Hopefully, I'm back to being on the up and up.
Fingers Crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment