- Last Thursday I switched from Target's gummy brand prenatal vitamin to Advocare's Coreplex with Iron. Sweet Mother of Mary, that stuff is incredible. In two days I went from feeling like I was a hit by a truck, running on fumes 75% of my day, to feeling like I actually have energy and stamina. I am kicking myself for not switching sooner and not doing this my last pregnancy
- With that said, I'm actually excited to see what my blood work looks like after my next labs are drawn... probably December or January
- Mr. Berg and I have tickets to see Alton Brown tonight. I'm pretty excited.... I'm also hoping I stay awake. Show does't start until 7:30pm... as in when I'm normally in my jammies watching Doc McStuffins with a 2 year old.
- Speaking of two year olds.... Ryan is stinking hysterical these days. His language is exploding. He's full of expressions and two-three word sentences. He constantly leaves us in stitches.
- Mr. Berg just passed the Insurance Law exam of his CPCU course work. Apparently, it was very, very tough. I'm so very, very proud of him!
- Still haven't told anyone at work that I'm pregnant. It's getting funnier as I am reach obviously pregnant status. In past weeks, the bump would begin to appear as they day went out. Over the past couple of days I've woken up with a real bump. It's pretty funny. I've gotten a couple of looks but no one has been brave enough to say "are you pregnant?"
- I am the bad mother that sent her child to daycare this morning with a low grade fever. He's teething and he has a cold. I don't think he's going to spread anymore germs then any of the other children in his class. Plus, he was running around our house at lightening speed this morning chattering nonsense. I think he's fine. A quick dose of Advil and we're good to go....... Watch me get the "your child is sick" phone call this afternoon.
- Lately I've been missing Sophie. The ache in my heart is almost worse then it was when she died. I know, that sounds crazy. But I actually cried about it last night. I know being pregnant makes you feel all the feelings, but I'm not sure how much is related to that and how much is related to time.
I know I've said before I cried more the weeks after Bob's death then I did went Sophie died. Bob has been sick for a long time, but he was very stable. I had tricked myself into thinking he would continue that way for a long time. Then he very suddenly took a turn for the worse and was gone. It was a shock.
Sophie was very healthy for 17 years and then quickly became ill. Her illness was rapid decline and when it came time to say goodbye I felt sadness but I also felt relief. Relief she was no long in pain, no longer having embarrassing accidents, no longer suffering. And selfishly, I was happy to not have to clean up puddles all over my house and worry about proper doses of pain medication and diabetic cat food.
Now time has passed and I miss her more and more with each passing day. She was my buddy. I'm a little bit lost without her. - We are leaving for Boston in two weeks. I am so excited to see our Boston Family.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Updates and Such
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment