However, the yard sale also comes with its own set of problems.
1. Mr. Berg never wants to sell anything
We could seriously be entering hoarder territory in the next few years if we don't stop stock piling crap in our garage. Through out the year I put our yard sale worthy items in the garage to be sold. The week before I sale I go through everything, clean it up and get it ready to move on to better pastures. Shortly thereafter Mr. Berg decided he can't part with 1/2 of it. So begins the arguing.
1a- He doesn't want to sell it for cheap.
As far as I'm concerned, the whole purpose of a yard sale is to get rid of crap and quickly. I don't care if everything sells for a dollar, just as long as it's gone.
2. Mr. Berg decides we don't need to have a yard sale. This happens every Tuesday before the sale. It doesn't matter what the weather report looks like, how over full our garage is or what needs to get sold. He has a 24 hour period where he decides we don't need to sell anything.
This is about the time my head explodes. As would yours, if you were lucky enough to live at my house.
And finally... the biggest problem
3. Mr. Berg attempts to send me out to find new crap.
New crap that we do not need.
I kid you not. Every year, same story. Go find stuff.
WHY?
I just hauled our shit out to the yard for random strangers to buy. We don't need new stuff.
Wish us luck. We just moved out of the I'm not selling anything phase to the do you think I can sell this half rotted, particle board TV stand for $50 phase.
My head is going to explode.
No comments:
Post a Comment