Thursday, March 6, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge Recap

Yesterday I completed the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. Since you all had to read all about my daily activities on this Challenge, I figured it was only fair to let you know my results and give you a quick overview of my thoughts now that all is said and done.


A lot of people have asked me if I would do the challenge again. My answer:

Probably, but not any time soon.

Overall, I found the challenge to be easy to navigate, once you develop a routine, isn't smooth sailing. I didn't find the "clean eating" program to be much of a problem. I'm used to pre-planning my menu and packing my lunch every day. Most of the recipes I used on daily basis are either already pretty clean and only needs minor tweaks here and there. However, I will say, I missed knowing that I could just order pizza on Saturday night. We don't do it all that often but heck it would have been nice.

My only real issue was remembering to take 4 different supplement packs, plus omega plex and catalyst every day during the Challenge Phase. I don't always know when I'm going to have a free minute to eat. So, having to wait 30 minutes after taking my first set of supplements for breakfast and lunch was irritating on certain days. It probably didn't help that I had Rx Eye Drops and a Z Pack to worry about during all of this too. Extra stuff to remember to do/take just added to the craziness.


I certainly feel great. My energy level is through the roof, my skin looks fantastic, there is less jiggle in the wiggle. Could I have achieved most of this from just plain clean eating and determination, probably.

Truly, my only beef is that the product lines are pricey. I'm an advocare distributor and even with the discount, it's an investment. I will probably scale back on what I buy for the time being seeing as we're trying to get pregnant. But I will continue to keep drinking Spark and I may add their muscle building powder to my green smoothies in the morning.


And now, my results:


Starting Point After Cleanse Difference End Results 14 Day Difference Total Difference
Weight 142.6 139.2 3.4 138 1.2 4.6
Jeans Size 8 8 8
Waist 35.75 35 0.75 34.5 0.5 1.25
Hips 39.5 38.5 1 37.5 1 2
Right Thigh 23 22.5 0.5 22 0.5 1
Left Thigh 22.75 22.25 0.5 21.5 0.75 1.25
Right Arm 11.5 11 0.5 11 0 0.5
Left Arm 11.75 11.25 0.5 11.25 0 0.5
Right Calf 13 13 0 13 0 0
Left Calf 13 13 0 13 0 0
Chest 38 37.5 0.5 37.5 0 0.5
Total  4.25
2.75 7



7 inches and almost 5 pounds gone in 24 days. Nope, can't complain about that.
I'm slightly convinced my weight loss may be skewed based on the fact it's not the best time of the month for me. I'll let you know if I see any difference in the next few days.

I definitely leaned out, big time. I see the biggest difference in my shoulders and back and in my mid section.  While I'll probably always be thicker in my middle, the mom pouch has definitely diminished! 

Going forward... my plan is to focus on clean eating 80% of the time and continuing to workout, drink lots of water and take good care of myself. And to slowly back away from my toddler's high chair tray and stop finishing his macaroni and cheese for him. Easier said then done, right?


1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing so much about advocate lately and it does make you curious. You had great results! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the product!

    ReplyDelete