Yesterday, I had a meeting acrost the river. Which is Pennsylvania Dutch speak for "Yesterday, I drove to Lancaster for a a meeting." Typically, it's a pleasant 45 minute drive, for a hour meeting and a pleasant 45 minute drive home. No big deal.
Expect there was a switch up. The drive to my meeting was its typical pleasant self. Our meeting even let our 20 minutes early. I was stoked, that meant I could get home early.
Or not....
As I was walking towards the doors to the parking lot, I heard the icy tinging of sleet on the windows. As luck would have it, we actually got the winter weather that forecasters where predicting, which hasn't exactly happened in a while. So, my typical 30 minute drive home was instead a hour and a half, complete with traffic accidents, 20 mile an hour driving on the highway and plenty of mergers to get around rescue workers and fire police.
Tomorrow is the first day of spring, have a I mentioned that?
I am so ready for warmer weather. We are leaving for a Southern Ground trip in two weeks and I have yet to even fathom pulling out my spring clothing. Here's hoping I fit into them.
In other news, in the form of 10 Things Tuesday:
- Ryan started with a new babysitter on Monday. It has been an easy transition so far. As sad as I am about his old babysitter, this was a much, much needed change.
- I am so close to my first goal weight, I can taste it.
- The next two weeks are going to be very hard for goal weight making, so I really need to buckle down and stick to making good decisions.
- I have a really funny story about our dryer that died and came back to life after $300 and no real life saving efforts needed
- Ryan is spending the night at his Grammy's house.... I am fine with it, I am fine with it, I am fine with it......
- He's doing the above as practice for two weeks from now
- Tonight is date night.... I have my "." Boooo
- Really, I just excited for a good night's sleep, not that sleep as been that bad at our house lately
- Mr. Berg and I have decided we are drinking beer on the airline on the way down for our trip. I'm all for it!
- I am completely at a loss for Mr. Berg's birthday present
No comments:
Post a Comment