Monday, February 4, 2013

February Resolution

Let me just start this post by saying: I'd love to give you an update on my weight loss for the month of January. It would be great to tell you I lost x number of pounds. But unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, my scale died. I haven't made the tech to target to get another one yet.
So, we'll talk about next week.

Without further delay- February's Resolution is....... Get Up and Move!

I've been saying for a while now that I'm having problems getting workouts in. With a 6 month old, working full time, having a husband that works full time, it is hard to find the time to squeeze in activity. In fact, it's nearly impossible.

But it needs to be done.

I need the stress outlet. I always feel so much better after a workout, I sleep better, my mental clarity is more acute. I'm just better when I workout.

Not to mention, the toning factor would be nice.... that and I heard looking 4 months pregnant when you're not is quickly going out of style.

Last month I signed up for yoga class that is taught once a week at our local high school. For the past three weeks I have stretched and grunted and lost my balance in the multi-purpose room. I LOVE IT. I get to just focus on me and that is wonderful.

So, I have one built in work out into my weekly schedule. The challenge is finding time for the second.

Sure there are weekend, but weekends come with To-Do lists the size of Canada. Trust me on this one. You might think it's easy to squeeze a work out, it isn't as easy as I wish it could be. But I am making the commitment to myself. So do this, for myself.

Yesterday I got in a 30 minute workout video in the basement while Ryan napped and the husband read for work. So, for the week, I'm already at one.

I know, it's sad that I have to fight for two work outs a week. But if I keep fighting for this, someday it will become easy. And then I can start fighting for 3 workouts a week and so on and so on.

I want to be better for me, for my family and for my marriage. This is just a small step in the right direction, but a needed one indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment