Way back in September, maybe August... who knows, I rejoined the great WW.
I assumed I'd be happy to add the structure of scheduling, tracking and recording my meals. It was something I had always enjoyed before. Honestly, I'm sure I would enjoy doing it again, if I actually had time to do it. Right now, I'm pretty satisfied if I remember to plug my weight in on Friday morning. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
Right now, my main focus when it comes to eating is quality over quantity. I shy away from processed foods, instead sticking to whole, natural foods in proper protions. Yes, there is always a treat here and there, but it is done in moderation. 90% of my food every day is what Elmo would call "good for you food" 10% is a fun sized pack of candy or a glass of wine or a cookie.
My Daily Menu Typically Looks like This:
Breakfast:
Green Smoothie- 1 Cup of Milk, 1 Cup of Frozen Berries or Mixed Fruit, 1 Small Banana, 1 small container of plain greek yogurt, and 2 cups of spinach. It makes a huge glass, but it keeps me full for a long, long time.
AM Snack:
Almonds- usually 10 or so
Lunch:
Typically Soup
Macaroni and Cheese Soup
Crock Pot Minestrone
I usually pair a piece of fruit, veggies or toast with these
PM Snack:
String Cheese and Fruit
Dinner:
Always a lean meat, veggies, a salad and some sort of grain or startch.
I'm noticing the extra weight is slowly but surely coming off. There isn't much room in my schedule to work out right now. I'm sure that just adds to the slowness. But thankfully, for right now, the scale keeps showing lower numbers and my meals are keeping me full and satisfied. So for that, I am happy.
Other recipes worth mentioning:
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Salisbury Steak
Italian Meatball Sliders
No comments:
Post a Comment