Hello Friends,
I really, really tried to post here yesterday. I mean it. I wrote three separate posts and deleted them all. Why? Well, for starters, no one wants to read my mindless whining. Then I remembered there's some unwritten rule somewhere that says you aren't allowed to totally bitch about your in-laws on the Internet. No matter how badly they deserve it. And finally, I spent most of Monday in tears because I was mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted and not handling it very well.
Sad sack stories aside, I'll sum up my Thanksgiving week in a few short sentences. Our drive to Boston did not suck, as originally thought. Our week in Boston was trying. I was sick as a dog and Ryan was/still is teething. My in laws were there. Our drive home sucked a duck and then we got up Monday morning and started our week all over again.
Mondays are always rough. Yesterday was beyond rough. I missed my boy so badly. I knew he was at the sitters and in very capable hands but he wasn't feeling well and his schedule was out of whack. I knew I'd spend my day at the office missing him and then getting a bad report at the sitters. I just knew it. It ruined my day. I drove from my office to the sitters house in tears.
Sure enough, he had a typical Monday. He was fussy, he cried a lot. His mouth hurt him but he is too little to really understand teething rings. The silver lining in the whole thing was how wonderful his sitter is. She's a mom, she gets it. He got extra snuggles and love and attention. And the icing on the cake, it was so excited to see me.
Our evening ended up going smoothly, with lots of playing and lots of smiles.
I woke up this morning feeling better in my soul. I'm still exhausted, but my heart is happy.
Mondays will probably always suck, but the one nice thing about them, they end.
This busiest day of this week is today. Lots of meetings, an after work hair appointment and my arrival at home, just before bed time. I will probably get a grand total of 1 hour with Ryan today. But the rest of the week is smooth sailing.
There will be lots of cleaning, putting away of fall decor and the dragging out of Christmas Cheer. Ryan has his 4 month doctor's appointment. We're going to breakfast with Santa, we'll play and have fun. I'll be in bed early as many nights as possible.
And that's just the way it should be :)
No comments:
Post a Comment