Friday, July 6, 2012

Jinx

As of this morning, I have become some what reluctant to talk about Baby Berg's due date. I'm not interested in explaining how I'm feeling and if I still think he'll be late. It's almost as if I don't want to jinx myself. I've been saying for days and days now that he'll be late. I'm almost looking forward to an induction instead of having a natural labor. I think, I have lost my ever loving mind.
Regardless.....

Baby Berg hasn't given me any signs he'll be arriving anytime soon.
"My cork" as a dear friend calls it, is still in place.
I haven't had anything by way of contractions. Maybe a few cramps here and there, but nothing time able, uncomfortable or life altering.
No bloody show or increased discharge of any kind.
And trust me, I've been checking. Thanks to the heat and my increased water consumption, I'm in the bathroom every 45 minutes whether I need to be or not.

(pregnant lady advice: pee early and often)
I'm not terribly uncomfortable. I'm not counting down the hours until he's on the outside.

I am fully prepared to walk into work on Monday morning. It doesn't scare me.
He will come when he's ready.

But if I have to hear from one more person how to get him out, I will probably scream.


No, I won't try castor oil.
No, I haven't been walking excessively. I see no real point.
No, I haven't been having tons of sex. That's a story for another time.
No, I have eaten eggplant Parmesan, spicy Thai or anything that interesting. Food isn't all that exciting.

I'm just living my life.

When he's ready, he'll come out.

Or he'll get evicted on the 16th.

Which ever happens first is fine by me.

However, these swollen hands and swollen feet..... I could total live without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment