Monday, July 9, 2012

40 Week Letter

Dear Baby Berg-
I woke up early, early yesterday morning for our usual pre-sun rise trip to the bathroom. I carefully evaluated how I feeling before I attempted to roll over and get out of bed. I listened to the quiet of the room, your Daddy breathing beside me, the sound machine in the corner. Our room was as it usual was on an early Sunday morning. Nothing was different about yesterday morning except it was, it was your due date.

Nine months of waiting and your day was finally here. Proof I had successfully carried you from October to July, giving you time to develop, grow and become the little man you are meant to be. It's a mile stone that came without much fanfare. As we expected, you didn't arrive yesterday and that's a-okay. Something in the back of my Mama mind has always said, you'll be late. You'll get here when you're ready.

Today you're still happily situated in my belly. I don't feel any differently then I did yesterday, the day before yesterday or even last week. I'm still pretty comfortable. You're still moving around like crazy and it appears that all is well in Baby Land. I encourage you to take your time.  There's not rush. We'll be waiting for you when you get here.

Your room is ready, our house is clean, we've read the books, sterilized your bottles, washed your clothes and set up your video monitor. Sophie and Bob haven listened to baby noises without panic. Every hour your Dad asks me if you're coming yet. He is just so excited to meet you. We are all so excited to meet you.

But please, take your time, come when you're ready.

We love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment