"Miss what?" I said, never looking up. I didn't want to catch his eye and cause him to chicken out. I wanted to know what he really thought.
"I'm going to miss this, just you and me." I smiled and nodded. "It will certainly be different soon."
And different it will be.
2012 holds a lot of power, whether I want to admit it or not. While I have approached past years with lofty goals, a lot of humor and of course, the hope of lost weight, I have never felt unsure of what it held. Sure, I've always known there would be unforeseen challenges and unknowns. But, I've stood at the edge of the new year and wondered to myself 'how exactly will I handle this?' I don't believe I've ever had the chance to ask myself that before.
2012 will be the year when:
- I become a mother
- I become a working mom
- I will turn 30
- I will take 12 weeks of FML to care for my child- a feat never before attempted at Family Owned Inc.
- I stop volunteering for an organization that I hold dear to my heart
- I will step down from a board position, stop chairing a committee and learn to basically say "No"
- Life as I know it, changes
When it comes to everything 2012 is going to throw at me, I just hope to roll with it. Whatever the challenge, whatever the task, whatever the unknown. I just hope to roll with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment