Friday, January 6, 2012

Observations on Growing a Baby: Vol 1

14 weeks into pregnancy and I'm still running around without pants that fit. With the exception of one pair, none of my regular dress pants fit. All of my maternity pants are far too big. I walk around looking like I have a load in my pants and I am constantly pulling them up.

Most of my regular jeans still fit, with the help of a hair tie. My two pairs of maternity jeans are again, far too big.

I have a feeling, I'll be running around pants less much like Donald Duck..... hopefully people find me as cute and cuddly as he is.

When it comes to working out, I have yet to actually do it. This week got crazy, very quickly. I will workout tonight. I will, I will, I will.  I need to do something physical. My energy is back, I have zero restrictions, it's time to start working this back into the system.

Has anyone noticed their teeth moving during pregnancy? My front tooth is going rouge. Thankfully, nightly retainer use seems to be keeping the problem at bay. But still, crazy.

Why do maternity wear designers keep putting bows on their maternity tops? I'm already pregnant and look like I spent too many days at the all you can eat buffet. Do I really need a bow on top of all that?

I'm almost a week into the second trimester and thus far I can tell you this much: I'm not nearly as tired, my skin is clearing (at least on my face, my back is still a hot mess), food is actually appealing and tastes good, and I'm still only getting up once a night to pee.

On the other hand, it feels like someone or thing is constantly kicking me in the cervix (stretching, I assume?), once I wake up to pee I can't get back to sleep, speaking of sleep- it doesn't come as easily anymore, I'm noticing more consistent back aches daily, and I'm still just as moody as ever. Much to Mr. Berg's dismay.

And so, there you have it. My life pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment