Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Good Kitty

Sophie went to heaven this morning.


To say I am heartbroken would probably be the understatement of the century. I am just that. Heartbroken.

I miss her like crazy already. Yet, at the same time, I am filled with a very comforting sense of peace. It was her time to go. She needed to be free from pain and discomfort and diabetes.

She went peacefully and gracefully.


Last night I was filled with mixed emotions knowing that her time was coming. She was having such a good day. No accidents or pain. It almost seemed unfair to take her in. Even this morning, she greeted me as I came down the stairs and was moving around so well. I asked God for a sign and within a minute or two it was given. Sophie had a accident so big, even my curtains needed a trip to the dry cleaner.

It was time.

She was extra patient with Ryan this morning as he gave her kisses goodbye. She sniffed his little blond head and then looked at me as if to say "This will all be okay."


She knew, I knew, it was time.


Mr. Berg nicknamed Sophie "The Good Kitty" shortly after we started dating. She hardly shed, she didn't throw up on the regular and while she enjoyed a good chin scratch and a quiet moment on your lap, she mostly wanted her own space.

For my she was equal parts mischievous, adventurous, tender hearted and kind. My former roommate described her as a pistol. She was exactly that.

She left a huge paw print on my heart for never having weighted more then 11 pounds.

It's my opinion that she'll really enjoy heaven, once Bob stops licking her ears.
(I'm willing to bet he really missed her)

No comments:

Post a Comment