Monday, October 31, 2011

The Greatest Secret I'll Ever Keep

Dear Baby Berg-

I woke up an hour before my alarm this morning and I couldn't stop wondering if you were real or not. I snuggled in the covers and sent up a silent prayer, asking God to keep to safe, if you were in fact, on the way.

A little while later I found myself in the bathroom wondering "is that a line?" And a smile and a internal nod later, a knew it was true. You are in there. Welcome aboard, Baby.

Your Daddy is going to be so excited tonight when he finds out you're on the way. He hasn't stopped asking about you since the day we decided we wanted to try for you. I think he already has his suspicions, but Mama wasn't sure you were real until this morning.  I know I could have told him about you this morning, but I wanted to make it special for him. So, for now, it's just you and me.

I hope, sweet Baby, that you are ready for the crazy life you are going to be born into. Mama's a 5th generation contractor. I work at a big, crazy construction company full of life, stress, loud noises, cool tools and a whole cast of colorful and exciting people. Although, I'm pretty sure those exciting people are going to teach a few choice words a lot faster then I'll be ready for you to learn.... I guess that's why I described them as colorful.

Dad is a salesman, and a darn good one too. He works so hard to ensure that we have a good life. He really loves his job and it's a really good fit for him. Just wait til you see him in action, you'll completely agree.
Together your Daddy and I are total opposites and a just the right fit. Dad's forever organized, well planned and pretty even keeled. As your mama, I can tell you, that might get annoying sometimes. But that's okay, because you'll also have me. I'm a pretty organized, but I'm also kind of a mess. I'm easily excitable, distracted and some times I fear a bit scattered. But I always try my best and for that, I think I've made a pretty awesome life for your Dad and I.

And just wait until you meet your grandparents and your uncle. You're going to be the luckiest kid out there. Dad's parents live in Atlanta, so you might not see them as much, but trust me they'll make it worth your while when you do get to see them. My parents live just up the road, and boy oh boy, are they going to smoother you in love and attention and laughter. They were the coolest parents a kid could have growing up, they'll be just a cool as grandparents, if not cooler.

And Uncle J. He's the only one you've got! Daddy's an only child, Uncle J is my only brother. He's got a big job to do, but trust me, he's ready for the challenge. If you're a boy, he'll teach you everything you ever needed to know about sports. If you're a girl, I'm willing to bet he can throw an awesome tea party too.

So Baby, that's just the beginning of the story. But I want you to know. Whoever you are, whatever you turn out to be, your Daddy and I love you! We can't wait to meet you and watch you grow.

Stay safe in there. Stick tight and we'll see you in July.

All my love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment