Monday, October 17, 2011

Gettin Down with my Bad Self

And I mean bad self quite literally.

This bad self did get back on the exercise band wagon on Saturday morning as promised. I went on a running and did a firm express workout before breakfast and spent the next 4 hours cleaning my house, running errands and overall doing an excellent job at life. That was until I opened a bag of candy corn for my glass pumpkin jar. LIFE FAIL.

I think I've eaten a 1/4 of it so far.... FAIL.

And then there was fudge.... Mr.Berg, bless his heart, brought me home a container of fudge a co-worker had made for him. How wonderful. We opened it on Saturday evening, by Sunday at lunch time, it was gone. Fatty Mc  Fatterson, fudge eater extraordinaire, at your service.

I am over it.

I read some of my posts from this time last year. I was so proud of my weight watching self. I was so into tracking and activity points and doing the right thing. Where did that  girl go? She's been replaced with a short cut taking, fudge eating, candy corn downing, food whore. AUGUGH

Instead of beating myself up and going in for more (candy corn). I have decided to look at the positives of my life. I promised myself I'd get back into workout mode on Saturday and I did. Did it suck to drag my ass around the neighborhood on my Saturday morning run? You bet. But I did it anyway and I felt so much better because of it.  I went down in the basement Sunday morning and got my second workout of the week in. It was awesome. I was thankful to be there and happy with myself for sticking to it.

I applaud that accomplishment and today I'm going to focus on today. Today I will stick to my goals. Today I will use positive talk to move myself through my list of things to do. Today I will be positive with myself.

I'm getting back to basics this week. I'm going to take it one day at a time. Plan my meals, eat my veggies and get in my daily activity. No long term planning, no worrying about tomorrow or Friday or what I'll do this weekend. Nope, just today.


On the baby making front. I am 16 days into my cycle. I don't believe I have ovulated yet, but all signs are pointing towards my body gearing up to do so. I'm 100% different this cycle then I was last cycle. Last cycle I am manic about my body's fertility signs. I obsessed over sore boobs, what was going on "down there" and how I felt every minute of every day.

This time, not so much. I'm just going with it. Will a relaxed state produce greater results? Who knows. I know in my heart that last cycle I wasn't meant to conceive. My body wasn't ready, it needed time. I haven't a clue if it's ready yet or not. I'm just following its cues and hoping for good things to head my way. Only time will tell.


And so, I focus on the here and now. What can I do today to make today great?
Today, it's all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment